Tough As Nails®
A pelleted hoof supplement designed to provide beneficial nutrients essential to strong and healthy hoof growth.
Features & Benefits:
- Biotin – many horses have genetically poor hoof quality. Research studies show improvement in many horses over a period of months with biotin.
- Calcium – Involved in cross-linking of hoof proteins. If diet is deficient in calcium, hoof structure can be impaired.
- Iodine – Can act as anti-fungal agent at higher levels. Field observations suggest oral iodine may help resolve white line disease.
- Organic minerals – Organic sources of certain minerals, especially zinc and copper, are absorbed more readily than inorganic sources. Zinc and copper work with enzymes important in developing and maintaining hoof structure.
- Methionine/Cystine – Sulfur containing amino acids when in the correct balance with other amino acids (i.e. lysine) can improve hoof quality and growth.